Stan James Account Closed

Talk to us here if you have had accounts closed or had unfair restrictions placed upon your account.
tophope
Supporter

Stan James Account Closed

Post by tophope » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

Not for winning but for taking early prices (funny i thought that was why they offered them). They say they identified a betting pattern on my account.
I wouldn't mind so much if i was winning regularly from them but i wasn't . Why offer the best prices if you dont want to lay them ?

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Re: Stan James Account Closed

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

Hi

Thanks for your post.

In the few polls that are done about bookmakers, Stan James regularly come in the worst two. They do offer some really good odds, but if you take them on a regular basis they will ban you (as they have).

As there is no 'right to bet' in the UK they can do what they wish. We are campaigning for this legislation to be changed and have met with the Depatment for Culture, Media and Sport twice now. Don't get excited, but at least it's on their agenda. In general goverment seems more interested in the tax take from gambling rather than fair trading, so it some ways just as cynical as the industry.

We are trying, but we need everyone to tell their MPs about these unfair trading practices. If people don't the battle won't be won.

JJ

mawaukltd
Supporter

Post by mawaukltd » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 am

Stan James has got to be the quickest to close an account.

They very often offer the best prices even in the late morning but taking them gets a quick account closure.

Even placing long odds Each Way bets of 4 pound total stakes will get the account closed very quickly. I am baffled as to why they offer such prices and then close your account regardless of whether you win or not.

The other ones to limit you very quickly are Race Bets usually after 3 or 4 days even betting small amounts Each Way.

I am by the way researching for a book that was commisioned by an American author who needs to collect information on the gambling Industry in the UK.

So far it has been a very interesting experience usually resulting in a closed or restricted account(s)

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:33 am

Hi

Thanks for your post. Very interested in the book and your research. In our experience the three quickest to restrict accounts are the two companies you mention plus Boylesports. All should have their UK licences taken off them.

JJ

mick
Supporter

Post by mick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:17 am

I have not tried Racebet but certainly agree Re SJ and Boyles neither of whom are worthy of being seen as horse racing bookmakers ,and both should face some accountability Re offering prices which they have no intention of laying to increasing numbers of punters.As word spreads both should be hanging there heads in shame,but the fact that so far neither appear concerned says plenty about the contempt they have for all punters.

I still feel that Odds Checker and similar should also be challenged ,for enabling this poor practice to continue.I have several times attempted to explain to them what a frustrating experience it has now become to look at there site.Of course this has made no difference but if hundreds of us started doing so then it just might.!

Jimmy Justice
Site Admin

Post by Jimmy Justice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:06 am

Racebets, don't bother. Worst account we've seen was 90 minutes before restrictions; many under 48 hours.